Andar Bahar is a popular casino game in India. It is now available on various online casinos and gaming platforms, as well. It originated in the South Indian city of Bangalore (Bengaluru) many centuries ago but is now popular across India.
What is Andar Bahar game?
Andar Bahar, also known as Katti, is a betting game played with cards and against a dealer.
Andar Bahar, when translated in English, literally means ‘In Out’. In the game, however, here’s what Andar and Bahar mean:
- Andar refers to the right side of the dealer (left side for the players sitting opposite the dealer)
- Bahar refers to the left side of the dealer (right side for the players sitting opposite the dealer)
This casino game is played with one deck of cards and it is a 50/50 game, meaning the chosen outcome by each player in an Andar Bahar game has a 50% chance of winning or losing.
This game involves a dealer, besides players who bet on the game’s outcome. In the following section you will read how to play Andar Bahar and some tricks and tips for playing this game.
Quick jump to any section:
Online casinos offering Andar Bahar
Here are a few online casinos that offer this card game for free or real money. We have also reviewed various international platforms to include the ones that accept deposits in INR.
Online Andar Bahar games are either electronic with random number generation or live games. You can pick whichever format you’re comfortable with.
- Pure casino: Pure Casino gives 100% welcome bonus of up to Rs. 10,000. It has a minimum deposit of Rs. 250. It offers support in Indian languages like Hindi.
- leovegas.com: LeoVegas.com offers a welcome bonus of up to Rs. 80,000.
- ShowLion: This platform offers 100% welcome bonus of up to Rs. 10,000.
- Bodog Casino: Bodog offers a welcome bonus of up to Rs. 50,000.
- Dafabet: It is an international platform that supports INR deposits, and it offers a welcome bonus of up to Rs. 7000. It features a live casino.
- JeetWin: It offers a sign-up bonus of Rs. 1000 and 100% deposit bonus of up to Rs. 10,000.
- sportsbet.io: This platform accepts Bitcoin and EUR deposits. It also offers a bonus in Bitcoin to the amount of mB6 €30.
- 1XBet: It supports INR and gives 100% welcome bonus of up to Rs. 7500.
- BetWinner: Offers 100% bonus of up to Euro 300 and has telephone support for India.
- 22Bet: Supports INR and offers Hindi language support. Ir offers a 100% bonus of up to Rs. 25,000.
How to play Andar Bahar (Katti)
If you want to learn how to play and win Andar Bahar in casinos or on online platforms, then here’s a short guide for you.
The dealer deals a card face up on the table. This first card is the Joker for the game.
The players place the first bet on whether the next joker (a card of the same rank as the first joker) will be dealt on the Andar side (left for player) or Bahar side (right for player) of the joker or middle card.
Dealing of cards
After this, the dealer deals one face-up card each to the bahar (right for player) and andar (left for player) sides of the first card. The first card is dealt to the right side for the players i.e. it is dealt bahar or out.
After one card is dealt on each side of the joker, the players may choose to make a final bet or skip betting. The final bet by a player can be made on the same side as their previous bet or on the opposite side.
Continued dealing of cards
The dealer continues to deal cards on the left and right piles until he deals a card of the same rank as the middle card, also called the joker of the game.
How to win andar bahar game?
The player who bets on the side of the pile that gets the second joker wins. Winner doubles their chips they had bet on the winning side. Bets placed on the losing side go to the dealer.
The above simple Andar bahar card game rules apply to both offline and online formats of the game.
In some places and platforms, the payout is only 90% on top of the bet, if the winning card or joker falls on the side where the first card was dealt. Hundred percent payout on top of the bet is given when the winning joker falls on the opposite side of where the first card was dealt.
Andar Bahar game tips and tricks
There are some andar bahar winning tricks and tips that help you end your session with either some extra cash in your pocket or minimise your loss.
- Betting sides: First tip is to place the first and final bets on different sides. This helps minimise your overall loss in a game.
- Betting amount: To minimise loss, place one bets for double the amount of the other bet. This ensures that you will at least get 2/3rd of your money back if the lower bet side wins. If the higher bet side wins, then you will take 4/3 times of what you put in.
There is not much scope of cheating in Andar Bahar, unless the game is rigged. As the cards are dealt by a dealer, this game is usually as straightforward as it can get.
These days, online platforms with random number generation (RNG) features make playing Andar bahar game fair and fool proof.
Is Andar Bahar legal in India?
Andar bahar is likely to be classified as a game of chance as per Indian jurisprudence and hence would fall within the ambit of gambling. It can be played at licensed casinos in Sikkim and Goa in India. For playing this game online in India, it is advised that you check the legality of online gambling laws in your respective state/territory before playing.
For more article on casino games and gambling in India, stay tuned.